Visits from Family Members
When it is time for your family to see you, a volunteer or nursing coordinator will bring them to the Cardiac Surgery Intensive Care Unit (CSICU). Visits should be short and restricted to immediate family. While you are in the CSICU, your family can visit you for short periods of time (one or two family members at a time). The visiting procedure for the CSICU is as follows:
• Your family should check with the volunteers at the front desk in the Main Lobby (Ruskin Street entrance). Volunteers are there from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
• The volunteers will call CSICU to arrange the visit.
• You are only allowed up to two visitors at a time. Special arrangements can be made for visits from children under the age of 12.
• Your visitors may be asked to wait at times while care is being given to you.
• Before entering, your family member must use the hand washing gel.
• There is no visiting between 6:45 a.m. and 7:45 a.m. and again between 6:45 p.m. and 7:45 p.m. while the nurses are giving a patient report.
Note: Your family members cannot visit you if they have a cold, fever, diarrhoea, cough, or any other signs of infection.
After you are transferred out of CSICU, your family can visit you according to the following guidelines:
• Visiting Hours: 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. • Rest Period: 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Please do not visit during the rest period. • Only two visitors at a time at the bedside • Family who are ill should stay at home